Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory – Wonka Chocolates
“There is no life I know that compares to pure imagination. Living there, you’ll be free if you truly wish to be.” – Willy Wonka
Don’t you just love candy? After watching Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory I always wanted to create my own candy. I live vicariously through my kids, so we made our own Wonka Chocolates.
Willy Wonka Chocolates
- Chocolate Chips (of all varieties)
- Candy, Marshmallows, Nuts, Coconut, etc.
- An Ice Cube Tray
- 1 Tablespoon
- A Bowl
- Extract (optional)
How to Make the Chocolates
- Put different chocolate chips, marshmallows, candies, etc. into each section of the ice cube tray.
- Fill them about 3/4 of the way full.
- Here is our candy-filled ice cube tray.
- Empty a bag of chocolate chips of any flavor into a bowl. You can add 1/4 tsp extract if you want to get extra creative. Add 1 T shortening into the bowl.
- Melt the chocolate and shortening in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between each.
- Once you have the desired chocolate consistency, pour it into your ice cube tray. Tap the chocolate down so that it covers the candies, marshmallows, etc.
- Refrigerate until chocolate is hardened.
- Once the chocolates are hard, use a butter knife to gently pry them from the ice cube tray.
Everyone enjoy your chocolate-y creations!
And if you have a two-year-old, keep on eye on them or they may coat their bodies in melted chocolate.
Click on the picture to enjoy the chocolate room scene from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.
You might also like: