Transfiguration Class – Animal Changing Game
Professor McGonagall: Perhaps it would be more useful to transfigure Mr. Potter and yourself into a pocket watch? That way one of you might be on time.
Harry: We got lost.
Professor McGonagall: The perhaps a map? I trust you don’t need one to find your seats.
Time for more Harry Potter activities! After we finished pulling mandrakes in Herbology class, we headed to Transfiguration. We learned how to transform ourselves into different animals.
Animal Changing Game
- Animal cards (I used the same ones from The Emperor’s New Groove activity)
- A hat or bowl
- Paper and pencil to keep score
How to Play:
- Separate into two teams (we stuck with our houses).
- A person from team 1 goes to the front of the classroom and picks a card from the bowl. Without using any words or sounds they must act out the animal shown.
- Their team has 5 seconds to guess. (Yes, only 5 seconds!)
- If they guess correctly they get a point (you could award more than one).
- If they guess incorrectly team 2 has a chance to act out the same animal to steal the point. If they guess correctly they get to go twice in a row. If they cannot guess the animal no point is awarded and team 2 continues with their turn.
Can you guess the following animals?
Answers: clam, crab, lamb, elephant, and cow.
How did you do?
You Might Also Like: