Olivander’s Wand Shop
“I remember every wand I’ve ever sold Mr. Potter. It so happens that the phoenix whose tailfeather resides in your wand gave another feather… just one other. It is curious that you should be destined for this wand when its brother gave you that scar.” – Mr. Olivander
I have to admit that making the wands for this Harry Potter party was one of my favorite things. I was proud of how they turned out. My sister helped me make them, and she said she felt like a real wand-maker by the time we were done. Yes, these wands are that cool.
- Hot glue gun and glue
- Acrylic paint (I chose two shades of brown)
- Paint brush
- String, beads, and glitter (optional)
How to Make the Wands:
- When your glue gun is hot, squirt glue all around the thick end of the chopstick. (This will be your wand’s handle.)
- While the glue is hot you can add beads for a more textured wand handle.
- Wrap string around the wand, or make fun designs with the glue gun.
- Paint the chopstick. Sprinkle glittered in the desired areas before the paint dries.
- Let wands dry.
- Once they are dry, figure out your favorite way to hold your wand and go practice some spells. (If you need something a little more step-by-step, check out this Wand Tutorial from Deviant Art.)
Party guests getting their wands. Look how Bellatrix holds her wand vs. how Umbridge holds “hers.” (I still get a chuckle that my brother-in-law came dressed as a woman.)
You Might Also Like: