Monsters, Inc. – Shape Monsters
Leave a door open, and one can walk right into this factory; right into the monster world. – Waternoose
Disney/Pixar’s Monsters, Inc. has to be one of the most clever movies ever made. The very idea of monsters living in their own world and coming through the closet to scare kids as their job…who comes up with that? I know that it has helped my kids to not be afraid of the idea of monsters in their room.
We did this little monster activity for Halloween, but you could do it as a preschool activity. It teaches kids shapes and fine motor skills.
Monsters, Inc. Shape Monsters
- Shape Sheet – (Save the shape picture below to your computer to print your own)
- Pipe Cleaner
How to Play:
- Print and cut out the shape sheet (one page per child).
- Lay out glue, jiggly eyes, tape, pencils or crayons, and pipe cleaner.
- Let the kids make their own shape monsters. Talk about the shapes they are using as they go.
- Proudly show off the finished product.
This activity was definitely a success in our house.
Goofy loved putting jiggly eyes all over her shape monsters.
Bud had fun playing with the pipe cleaner.
Here’s the line up of Goofy’s finished monsters. She had tons of fun gluing.
Here’s a close up of one of Princess’ monsters.
They asked to make more monsters the next day. It always makes me feel good when an activity is so well liked.
You Might Also Like: