Lord of the Rings – Battle for Middle Earth Risk
Gimli: Toss me.
Gimli: I cannot jump the distance, you’ll have to toss me. (Pause) Don’t tell the elf.
Lord of the Rings extended editions DVDs = movie night with the hubby. We had dinner in Hobbiton before we watched the movie.
I thought making the movie interactive would be fun, so I created this Battle for Middle Earth Risk Game.
Battle for Middle Earth Risk
- Battle for Middle Earth Board – (I made mine by printing off the Lord of the Ring’s map, outlining different territories, and putting their names on them. I made Rohan, Gondor, Isengard, Helm’s Deep, Mordor, and the Dead Marshes)
- Risk Pieces (if you look online you can even find LOTR Risk game pieces)
- Movie List below
How to Play:
Object of the Game: Take over/save all of Middle Earth.
Player Pieces: Good guys – Soldier = Man of Gondor, Horseman = Rider of Rohan, Cannon = Ents
Bad guys – Soldier = Orcs, Horseman = Nazgul, Cannon = Cave Troll
How to Play:
- Decide who will be the good guys and who will be the bad guys.
- Each person gets 40 infantry pieces to divide between their territories.
- As you watch the movie look for the things on the movie list to get more infantry pieces.
- After the movie is over roll against each other until the other player is wiped out.
- Merry and Pippin get up to some shenanigans
- There is a panoramic scene (no characters in the shot)
- Legolas is looking off in the distance
- Gimli grumbles about something
- There is a close up of the ring
- There is an intimate moment between Frodo and Sam
- The word “precious” is spoken
- Aragorn does something sweet (good – 1 Man of Gondor)
- Gandalph goes serious wizard mode (good – 1 Rider of Rohan)
- Tree Ents destroy Isengard (good – 3 Tree Ents) *Note that we were watching The Two Towers movie, so you can change this to be different critical moment for whatever movie you are watching.
- The eye of Sauran is shown (bad – 1 Orc)
- A large army of Orcs is in the shot (bad – 1 Nazgul)
- The outer wall of Helm’s Deep is blown up (bad – 2 Cave Trolls)