Karate Kid: Catch the Fly
“Man who catch fly with chopstick accomplish anything.” – Mr. Miyagi
There are so many memorable scenes in Karate Kid, but one of my absolute favorites is when Mr. Miyagi tries to catch the fly with chopsticks.
Now you can be Mr. Miyagi right from the comfort of your own home. (No, I’m not telling you to let flies into your house just so you can catch them.)
Catch the Fly
- A Dowel
- A Plastic Fly (found mine at the dollar store)
How to Play:
- Cut your string to any length. Tie to the dowel.
- Tie your string around the fly.
- Give your fly a test run. Make sure it won’t slip out of your string.
- Give your kids the chopsticks or tongs. While you hold the dowel, gently swing the fly around and let them try to catch the fly.
Goofy loved watching the fly swing around. This activity was great hand-eye coordination practice.
Princess caught the fly! She was so proud of herself.
I let Bud have a chance to try to catch the fly with his hands. You can tell he wasn’t too sure about it at first.
He caught the fly too!
The kids all took turns holding the fly.
Goofy has a terrible, irrational fear of all bugs. She even screams when she sees ants! Letting her practice holding the pretend fly was good for her. She realized that it couldn’t hurt her. Eventually, she even liked holding it.
Enjoy watching the fly scene from Karate Kid. Click the picture below.
You Might Also Like: