Herbology – Mandrake Pudding Cups
Grasp your mandrake and pull it up! – Professor Sprout
After having dinner in the great hall at our Harry Potter costume party, we went to various classes. We started with Herbology where we pulled mandrakes.
- Plastic Cups
- 1 box chocolate pudding
- Oreos (or if you need something gluten free try Chocolate Chex cereal)
- Plastic Spoons
- Hot glue gun & glue
- Pictures of the party guests
How to Play:
- Make your chocolate pudding following the directions on the box.
- Crush your Oreos or Chocolate Chex into fine, dirt-like crumbs.
- Fill the cups with the pudding and top with the dirt.
- Print off pictures of each of your guests. On the back write a number. That number is the amount of points each person’s head is worth. The points go toward winning the house cup. (I put point value based on how important each character is in the Harry Potter books.)
- Laminate the pictures.
- To make your mandrakes, hot glue your leaves to the plastic spoon. Hot glue the picture near the bottom of the spoon. Stick your mandrake into the pudding cup.
- Let each person pick a mandrake and pull them at the same time. Enjoy watching their expressions as they pull their faces out of the cups. If they pulled their own face they got double the point value on the back of their mandrake.
- Record the points, devour the mandrake, and hope that no one gets petrified or you will have no way of saving them.
My kids absolutely LOVED their mandrakes!
Return to the Harry Potter Master List. (This list will help you plan a Harry Potter Party of your own.)
You Might Also Like: