Finding Nemo – Skittles Game
“Mine! Mine! Mine!” – The Seagulls
I don’t know about you, but my two-year-old sometimes sounds like the seagulls in Pixar’s Finding Nemo. She is always screaming, “Mine!” I created a Skittle’s game spin-off where you want to shout, “Mine!” as often as possible.
The “Mine!” Skittles Game
- Cups (one per person)
- Straws (one per person)
- A 6-Sided Die
How to Play:
- Sit on the floor and form a circle.
- Each player is given a cup and a straw.
- Fill the cup with 10 Skittles. If you have 3 players or less you can add 20 or more Skittles to the cup. (We kept a small pile of Skittles in the center of the circle for munching.)
- Pick a number between 1 and 6. That is the number you will try to roll the entire game.
- The game starts by choosing someone to roll the die. They roll the die once. If they do not get the chosen number they pass the die clockwise.
- If the number that was picked is rolled, the roller takes another player’s cup. Using the straw, they try to suck and pull out as many Skittles from their opponent’s cup as possible.
- The player must shout, “Mine!” after each Skittle is removed.
- The other players keep rolling the die trying to get the chosen number. Once the chosen number is rolled by another player, the first player sucking must stop and put all of the Skittles they took from their opponents into their own cup. The player that rolled the chosen number gets to start stealing Skittles.
- When a player’s cup is emptied of Skittles that player is eliminated.
- You win if you remove the Skittles from all other players cups.
We played this game over and over again. Goofy didn’t show much interest in the game (she is still too young for it). She just ate the Skittles from the cup.
Princess loved the game. She was a little slow at sucking the Skittles out of other player’s cups. It was good fine motor practice!
Princess is also very competitive and would cry whenever she was eliminated. This gave me a perfect opportunity to discuss good sportsmanship.
Overall, we had a wonderful time playing this game. You can play it at any party!
Enjoy the seagull scene from Finding Nemo below!
You might also like: