Cars: Mater’s Garbage Grab
[After Lightning has done a sloppy job repaving the road]
Sally: It looks awful.
Lightning McQueen: Well it matches the rest of the town.
Mater is one of the best characters in Disney and Pixar’s Cars. I love his innocence. I love his one liners: “Doc did what in his cup?” “I’m happier than a tornado in a trailer park!” “I’m good at this lawyerin’ stuff.” I laugh just writing them.
In the Cars movie, Radiator Springs starts out as a small, neglected town. After Lightning fixes the road (correctly) everyone in town starts sprucing up their shops. For today’s Fan-Pick Friday activity I gave the kids a chance to be Mater and clean up the town.
Mater’s Garbage Grab
- Mater’s Garbage Grab Free Printable – (Click HERE)
- A magnet
- A wooden dowel
- Hot glue and a hot glue gun
- Tape or glue
- Paper clips
- Laminate (optional)
How to Play:
- Print off the Mater’s Garbage Grab printable.
- Cut out the garbage and the Maters.
- Glue the large Mater somewhere on the page with the garbage can. Laminate that page.
- Laminate all of the pieces of garbage and the two little Maters.
- Create Mater’s “tow cable” by tying one end of a piece of yarn to a wooden dowel and the other end to a magnet. Hot glue the yarn to the magnet and dowel to keep it from untying. Glue the two little Maters back to back to the dowel so you can see his cute face no matter which way you turn it.
- Set the garbage can in the middle of the room.
- Put the garbage all over the rest of the room.
- Give your child Mater’s “tow cable” and have them clean up Radiator Springs. They do this by catching the garbage with the “tow cable” and putting it in (more like on) the trash.
- One rule: the kids are not supposed to use their hands to pick up the trash or help put the string from the “tow cable” in place.
This game was an instant hit with the girls.
Goofy may have cheated a few times.
Princess found that picking the garbage off of the ground was too easy. She decided to put it on top, under, and behind furniture to make the game more challenging. It would also be fun to make it into a race–how quickly can you clean up Radiator Springs?–and time it.
They got all of the garbage put where it belongs.
Can you tell they had fun?
You Might Also Like: