101 Dalmatians: ABC Puppy Hunt
I’ll get even! Just wait! You’ll be sorry, you fools! You…YOU IDIOTS! – Cruella De Vil
Family vacation growing up always meant a long car trip. We never flew. As kids my siblings and I made up a fun car game. Certain colored cars represented certain characters from 101 Dalmatians (e.g. red = Cruella, white = puppies, Blue = Pongo & Perdy). We split into teams, and when you saw a car that color you would shout out the name of the person as quickly as you could. That would earn you a point for your team. We even made up songs for all of the characters that we would sing when we saw cars that were the right color.
Ah! Those were the days!
Today’s activity is all about finding the lost puppies that Cruella stole.
Find the Lost Puppies Game
- Puppy ABC Cards below
- Magnifying Glasses (optional)
How to Play:
- Print and cut out the Dalmatian ABC cards. (You can print on cardstock for a sturdier card, or you can laminate them like I did.)
- Hide the cards all around the house. (You could do this outside instead.)
- Give the kids their magnifying glasses. Tell them that the puppies are lost and we need to find them. (I had my kids find them in alphabetical order to make it a little more challenging.)
- Let them search the house and find the puppies. We chanted “Find all the puppies!” while we hunted.
Princess and Goofy felt like real detectives trying to find the lost puppies.
Here are some puppies!
Silly girl. This activity was great alphabet practice for Goofy.
A great thing about this activity is that afterwards you have cute Dalmatian ABC flashcards!
Puppy ABC Printable: (I used free coloring pages to make my cards. Just click the pictures, save them to your computer and print. Enjoy!)
Watch the Cruella De Vil Song by clicking the picture below.
You Might Also Like: