Chicken Run – Chicken Cups
Ginger: Listen. We’ll either die free chickens or die trying.
Babs: Are those the only choices?
Chicken run is such a clever movie. Babs is my absolute favorite character–so innocent and funny! My favorite quote from Babs: “All me life flashed before me eyes. (Pause) It was really borin’.”
Who doesn’t enjoy making loud, annoying sounds? My kids love when I let them be loud in the house. So, I braced myself for the noise and we made chicken cups.
- Plastic cup
- A Nail
- A Paper Clip
- Paper Towels
How to Make Your Chicken Cups:
- Using your nail, poke a hole in the bottom of your cup.
- String your yarn through the hole and tie it off with a paper clip.
- Wet a piece of paper towel and fold it in half.
- Starting at the top of your yarn, pull the paper towel downward along the string.
- Enjoy the chicken noises!
Goofy had fun wiping the table down with her wet paper towel (and I didn’t mind that she wanted to clean the table either).
Princess thought the chicken sounds were so funny. She laughed and laughed.
For a fun science project, try this with different sized cups and different types of string. What cup/string combo makes the best chicken sounds?
Click the link below to enjoy the opening of Chicken Run.
You might also like: