Charms Class – Alohamora! Horcrux Hunt
Harry Potter Trivia Question: Who remembers what the charm Alohamora does?
5 seconds left…4…3…2…1.
It opens locks. Did you get it right?
In charms class at our Harry Potter party we learned the Alohamora spell to help us hunt down Lord Voldemort’s horcruxes.
Alohamora! Horcrux Hunt
- Large foam board
- 14 foam or plastic bowls
- Tissue paper
- Horcrux Hunt game (I got this game from House of Paint. Click HERE for the printable)
- Treats for each bowl (I made small packages of Bertie Bott’s Every Flavored Beans, Floo Powder, and Acid Pops)
- Hot glue gun and glue
- Lay your foam board on the floor and trace around a bowl.
- Cut a hole a little smaller (about 1/4″ smaller) than what you traced so the bowl fits snugly inside.
- Repeat for all 16 bowls.
- Inside the bowls, glue the horcruxes to the back and put in a treat.
- Hot glue around the outside of the bowl and lay the tissue paper over the top.
- Cut off the excess tissue paper.
- Put a bowl in each hole. (I would suggest taping them in the back so they don’t fall out.)
How to Play:
- Separate into teams (we stayed in the houses we were sorted into).
- Give each person a wand.
- Practice saying Alohamora.
- One by one go up to the board, say “Alohamora,” and poke through the tissue paper with your wand.
- Grab your treat.
- Check to see if there is a horcrux. If there is, you earn 5 points for your team. The team with the most points at the end wins.
Charms class was one of my kids’ favorite activities of the night. They loved punching through the tissue paper and getting a treat.
You Might Also Like: