A Cinderella Story – Cup Phones
“Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.” – Sam’s Dad
‘Tis the season of graduation. My littlest sister is graduating from high school (I will not go into detail on how old that makes me feel). For all you graduates heading off to college remember the quote above. You have so much to offer. You’re going to do great things. Have a fantastic time at college!
I had fun making a cute present for my sister. (Click the picture above for a tutorial on how to make your own rainy day umbrella.)
In the movie A Cinderella Story Sam loses her phone and her “prince” tries to find her to return it to her. Thus, our activity for the day was born. It’s an oldie, but a goodie.
- Plastic cups
- A Nail (or something to poke a hole in the bottom of the cup)
How to Make the Cup Phones:
- Poke a whole in the center of the bottom of each cup with a nail.
- String your yarn through each hole and tie it off.
- With one person at each end of each cup, walk away from each other until the yarn is tight. Then one person can talk while the other listens.
- Make sure the yarn is taught and nothing is touching it or it will not vibrate and the phone won’t work.
Click the picture for the trailer for A Cinderella Story.
You might also like: